As with everything in life, the more you know the better prepared you can be. As the expert for your customer here is some information that you need to know:
Water damage is one of the most common reasons people make claims on their home insurance. Burst pipes, leaky appliances and flooded basements often lead people to discover the details of their home (Water Damage, 2012).
Water seeps from the ground into your basement, damaging your foundation and interior. Are you covered? Most likely not. Seepage is considered a maintenance problem, not “sudden and accidental” damage, and is excluded from home insurance coverage (Water Damage, 2012).
Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers, according to EPA estimates. Overall, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer (EPA, 2013).
John’s Waterproofing is offering FREE Continuing Education Credits regarding Water Intrusion. This class covers:
- Why Basements and Crawl Spaces Leak
- Problems Caused from Leakage and Water Vapor under a home
- Failing Building Codes of new construction that Create Water Issues
- Health Risks associated with Damp Crawlspaces and Basements
- How you can be the Hero to your client and save them thousands
- Products and Treatments to keep your customers Healthy and Happy
John’s Waterproofing Company is a basement and crawl space waterproofing specialist and has over 30 years’ experience keeping basements and crawl spaces dry and healthy. We can provide “Identifying Water Intrusion Problems” in a one, two, or three hour format.